Cigarette Causes Apartment Fire In Waldorf, Charles County, Maryland

Submitted

An accidental fire occurred as the result of improperly disposed of smoking materials, according to The Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Officials said the sprinkler located on the exterior porch activated and extinguished the fire.  Additionally, the fire alarm activated, alerting the occupants, which allowed them to escape without issue or injury.

Date:  7-22-19

Time:  3:05 a.m.

Location / Address:   3545 Promenade Place, Waldorf, Charles County, Maryland

Type of Incident:  Fire

Description of Structure / Property:  Apartment

Injuries or Deaths:  None

Estimated $ Loss: Structure: $ 500.00    Contents: $0

Smoke Alarm Status: Present – Working

Fire Alarm / Sprinkler Status:  Present – Activated

Arrests(s):  None

Primary Responding Fire Department:  Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department

# of Alarms: 1   # Of Firefighters:  15

Time to Control:  2 minutes

Discovered By:  Owner / Occupant

Area of Origin:  Exterior – Porch

Preliminary Cause:  Accidental

Keep up with Shore Dispatch Breaking News Reports. Like and Follow us on Facebook.